Goofball Jihadis

Saturday, June 19, 2010

In an article by Daniel Byman and Christine Fair entitled, The Case for Calling Them Nitwits, they write:

They blow each other up by mistake. They bungle even simple schemes. They get intimate with cows and donkeys. Our terrorist enemies trade on the perception that they’re well trained and religiously devout, but in fact, many are fools and perverts who are far less organized and sophisticated than we imagine. Can being more realistic about who our foes actually are help us stop the truly dangerous ones?

...Nowhere is the gap between sinister stereotype and ridiculous reality more apparent than in Afghanistan, where it’s fair to say that the Taliban employ the world’s worst suicide bombers: one in two manages to kill only himself. And this success rate hasn’t improved at all in the five years they’ve been using suicide bombers, despite the experience of hundreds of attacks—or attempted attacks. In Afghanistan, as in many cultures, a manly embrace is a time-honored tradition for warriors before they go off to face death. Thus, many suicide bombers never even make it out of their training camp or safe house, as the pressure from these group hugs triggers the explosives in suicide vests. According to several sources at the United Nations, as many as six would-be suicide bombers died last July after one such embrace in Paktika.

...Their leaders and recruiters can be lethally subtle and manipulative, but the quiet truth is that many of the deluded foot soldiers are foolish and untrained, perhaps even untrainable. Acknowledging this fact could help us tailor our counterterrorism priorities—and publicizing it could help us erode the powerful images of strength and piety that terrorists rely on for recruiting and funding.

1 comments:

Anonymous November 14, 2012 at 9:37 AM  

I have seen the miracles of The Holy Qur'an with open eyes.Sincerely,if I had not followed The Qur'an and Islam strictly there were every possibilities that today I had been a very corrupt man in almost every field of life..from family to society to humanity.Islam saved me from every bad aspects of human life.Then should I not be thankful to The Qur'an and Islam? Today I am not a saint but at least a gentleman who has no ill-will towards any creations of the Almighty.I encourage good deeds and discourage evil ones as possible as I can, and have firm belief and faith in the Almighty...and this is what Islam is all about. Then, how can I believe in any criticism about The Holy Qur'an and not considering it merely as a joke? Can I ignore the Sun which brightens the Day? Can I ignore the Wind that touches me? Can I ignore my Soul spread in my mortal Body? Then how can I ignore the naked Truth...The Sky high greatness of The Islam

Subscribe to Citizen Warrior

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Visit the blog: Citizen Warrior.

And Concessions

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Visit the blog: Concessions to Islam.

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP